New England School of Communications - 1 College Circle - Bangor, ME 04401 - Phone 1-888-877-1876

Alumni Check In: Stephen Wells – Nashville Event Lighting

NESCom loves to hear from graduates. Here, we catch up with 2013 Entertainment Production graduate Stephen Wells. Since earning his degree from NESCom, he has traveled to Nashville, TN where he is now Director of Productions for Nashville Event Lighting.

I hope your summers are going well.  I had a few minutes this morning,  so I figured I would give you an update.

I came down to Nashville in May with the plan of finding a job when I got down here and having all the details fall into place, like finding an apartment etc., just winging it; risky I know, but I was willing to take the challenge. I am now the director of productions for Nashville Event Lighting and loving every minute of it. That shows you that NESCom students graduate knowing what to do with their degree, they know how to be confident and show to their employers they are the best of the best – Thank you NESCom.

Stephen Wells ('13) having some fun in the NEL warehouse.

Stephen Wells (’13) having some fun in the NEL warehouse.

As Director of Productions, I am in charge of managing the crew hands and crew chiefs, and creating the schedules. I have a crew of thirty people and  I meet with the crew chiefs every week to go over the upcoming jobs.  I am also in charge of training and making sure everyone on the crew knows what to do when they are at the shop and out on a job setting up the equipment.  I also do production work and meet with sales to make sure everything they design is viable and will work for each venue.  Sometimes I go to venue visits to make sure the power is sufficient enough. I also make surprise visits to most of the jobs to make sure the client is happy and the crew is doing what they are doing. And it’s not all office work, there are plenty of jobs during the week that I can go to and set up for, which is fun, I can get down and dirty and meet with all the clients on the job sites, putting a smile on their faces making their special day even more special!

Nashville Event Lighting may be a small company but we put 110% into each event that we do, making it the best of the best and that is what we are known for and that’s what is most important. I am truly happy and so glad I attended NESCom and decided to make the leap to come down to Nashville, which I can now and proudly call my home.

Keep up the hard work and I look forward to visiting you all soon!

Stephen Wells
Director of Productions
Nashville Event Lighting

We are always happy to hear from alum. If you’d like to send us an update, email Alumni Director Mark Nason mark@nescom.edu

No comments