New England School of Communications - 1 College Circle - Bangor, ME 04401 - Phone 1-888-877-1876

Students Participte In NESN Next Producer Competition

10675737_1575879162628446_805463815389825281_n

Five Video Production students at the New England School of Communications at Husson University are finalists in the Next Producer competition being held by NESN (New England Sports Network).

Heather Andrews, Dave Roberts, Ryan Carignan, Nick Young & Justin Foster worked as part of a team to tell the story of what it takes to cover a live sporting event. “We push that a broadcast team is just like a football team” says Andrews. “One team, one goal, striving for perfection, and going for the win (or in our case success)”.

NESN’s Next Producer competition is a new series that will officially premier on NESN on April 6th. The seven-episode run will air the student-made short films following Red Sox post-game coverage. The student filmmakers will get access to and input from two Hollywood producers with ties to New England – television Hall of Famer and Red Sox Chairman Tom Werner and Co- creator/Executive Producer, Brad Falchuk (Glee, American Horror Story, etc.). Falchuk is a Newton, Massachusetts native and passionate New England sports fan. Werner and Falchuk will coach the finalists to improve their films and pick the winner.

You can view & vote for the NESCom entry into the competition HERE. Help support the great work of NESCom students by sharing the voting link with friends and family.

One Comment

Karen Robinson on March 6, 2015

I know I might be a bit biased here, but my current students and I think the Husson entry is the only one worthy of winning. A student said "It looks professional, the others looked like amateurs". I'm sharing the link anywhere I can. So proud of the LHS alums. Go Lancers!