New England School of Communications - 1 College Circle - Bangor, ME 04401 - Phone 1-888-877-1876

Instagram Leads Student To Design For Hip Hop Artist

In 2016, NESCom Marketing Communications student Kyle King set up an Instagram account to showcase his graphic design work. Now, 8,000 followers later, he’s busy making logos, branding, and cover art for hip hop artists and one of his designs is getting him some attention.

lud_foe_getwellfoe-front-large

King had already done some work for Hip Hop artists Lud Foe and he was contacted once more by the artist’s management. “Then they gave me a call one day” says King “and told me that Lud Foe had been in a car crash that almost ended his life, and that they wanted to release an album called “#GETWELLFOE. They gave me a bunch of photos and gave me full creative direction and control over what the album cover should look like and gave me a few samples of the music that was going to be on it”.

The album was released and immediately received mentions on the homepages of both Fader and Complex. In addition, celebrated Chicago-area artist Chance The Rapper retweeted the artwork to his over 3.5 Million followers.

Now King is already hard at work on merchandise the will be used by Lud Foe on tour that ties into the theme of the album. King recognizes that NESCom has helped his growing career by saying “The fact that I am applying the marketing skills that I have learned at NESCom, into my true passion, which is Music, makes for a really fun and exciting work day for me!”

No comments